Water Bottled BiggerA friend of mine asked me today if I used a production chosen the "Zero Water Filter". Because I live in Memphis, because I have spent 30 years designing water filters for a living, my answer to her was "no". I have a GE water filter on my fridge which is silverish impregnated carbon, and that's information technology for my filtration products. If it was not a part of my appliance I would not have information technology either. But, allow's motility on to -Zero Water-

I believe my friend has the 23-cup pitcher unit and told me that she is very happy with it. Because she is my friend I decided to await into the filter and give her my review of it. Later looking at this production I volition tell yous that it is something I emphatically would not recommend to anyone. While the answers to why tin be establish elsewhere in this blog, let'southward accost the problems with this particular filter.

The technology used in the Naught Water filter is all tried, true and proven. I utilize much of it in my large industrial, medical and municipal designs. The problem is non in the purification technology, but it is in the lack of understanding of the chemistry and physics of water.

It is unnatural for water to be pure. Permit me repeat and say this for the ane,000th time ;  It is non natural for water to exist pure . Yous cannot find anywhere in nature that water has the 000 TDS that the Nil H2o Filter produces. By nature, h2o is aggressive. It dissolves anything it comes into contact with. This is why lakes, rives, oceans and groundwater are non pure.

The trouble with the Nix unit, you lot come across is that pure water seeks to go contaminated. It will hungrily absorb CO2 from the atmosphere, forming carbonic acid, every bit well every bit any contaminants in the air. More than dangerous is the fact that the Aught Water Filter removes 100% of the chlorine form the water. If your municipality did that, your community would suffer another yellow fever, legionella or other bacterial/viral disease outbreak.

BIOLOGY - BACTERIABacteria will grow in h2o that has no chlorine in it. If you utilize the Nada H2o Filter remember that the filtered h2o is chlorine free. Also remember, ion-exchange resin is besides a bang-up medium for growing leaner. The TDS meter on this device measures electrical resistivity or conductivity. It has no chapters to measure algae, fungi and microorganisms in your water.

The purification technology in this unit itself is sound, simply the product has no technology to keep the h2o pure in one case it is made so. In water treatment science information technology is more than expensive to go along water pure than it is to brand information technology pure. I am willing to bet that if you do non sterilize your bullpen daily, you accept bacteria growing in the system.

Verdict? I would not keep this water much more than 12 hours.